Friday, September 21, 2007

God Is the Treasure of My Soul

First of all, thank you so much to all of you who made last Sunday such a special occasion for me and my family. It is an unspeakable honor and joy to serve the Lord with all of you!
As I have talked about with some of you, I am planning to begin a series of messages on the book of Deuteronomy. However, this coming Sunday I would like to insert another message while I have this break between series. It is a message that is right at the heart of who we are and what we are doing, so I hope to preach it periodically for many years to come. It is entitled, "God My Exceeding Joy" based on the words of Psalm 43:4. It is about why delighting in God's presence is our highest good.

Songs
Come, Christians, Join to Sing (#67)
Hark, the Voice of Love and Mercy (#134)
It is Finished (#138)
The Savior of the World (#127)
Christ, the Lord, Is Risen Today (#156)
Salvation! O My Soul Rejoice! (#291)

Scripture Reading
Earnestly Seeking God - Psalm 63

Sermon
God My Exceeding Joy - Psalm 42-43, et al.

No comments: