Friday, November 02, 2007

The Command to Worship the Lord Spiritually

My time studying the ten commandments has been simply stunning. Every time I come back to them I find profoundly relevant instruction and insights. I hope that even a portion of the benefit I have received will overflow to you through the sermon on Sunday morning.
This Sunday we will consider the second command - the command to worship the Lord spiritually. It has so much good application to our day that we may have to deal with it over the course of two Sundays. How ever long it takes, I pray that the power of the Spirit will be at work to transform us to be those who worship God spiritually!

Songs
Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing (#243)
There Is a Fountain (#267)
Doxology
Rejoice, Ye Pure In Heart (#65)
Joy to the World (#92)
Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise (#23)

Scripture Reading
Mark 14:12-25

Lord's Supper

Sermon
Deuteronomy 5:8-10

No comments: