This morning I met with the young men who are participating in our Christian leadership discipleship. It is a real privilege to work with godly parents to see God raise up another generation to carry on the mission of Christ. Right now the young men are reading Thoughts for Young Men by J. C. Ryle. As I thought about his excellent advice in the last chapter of that short work, I thought it would be good to share with everyone. All of us should take heed to this challenge!
1. For one thing, resolve at once, by God's help, to break off every known sin, however small.
2. Resolve, by God's help, to shun everything which may prove an occasion of sin.
3. Resolve never to forget the eye of God.
4. Be diligent in the practice of your Christianity.
5. Resolve that wherever you are, you will pray.