Saturday, September 06, 2008

Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God

I believe this is the 501st post on this blog, so to begin the next 500 posts, I would like to point you to a resource that will last a whole lot longer than this blog. I hope you will obtain and listen to over and over again. The Listener's Bible is offering Max McLean's narration of Jonathan Edwards' sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" free.

This is the most famous sermon ever preached in American history. But that is not the reason I urge you to listen to it. I want you to listen to it because it is filled with powerful biblical truth. It is filled with powerful biblical truth deeply felt and believed by Edwards. It if filled with powerful biblical truth deeply felt and passionately described and delivered. The spiritual intensity of this sermon is amazing, and I believe you will never think of hell the same way again if you receive Edwards' words.

You can get it here.

Update: Greg Allen pointed out to me that you can listen to another narration of the sermon for free on SermonAudio here.

No comments: