Saturday, March 14, 2009

To Him Be Glory Forever

When I began our series of messages on the good news of God's great plan of salvation (way back at the end of August of last year), I gave 10 reasons why I wanted you to hear this series on the gospel and God’s great plan of salvation. Allow me to reiterate them now that we are coming to the last message in this series this Lord's Day.
1. I want you to know what God has given you (and the whole creation) – his fullness, grace and truth.
2. I want you to know how much God has given to you – his fullness.
3. I want you to know how God has given himself to you. This is what the gospel story is all about.
4. I want you to experience the fullness of God revealed in Jesus Christ as the controlling factor in your whole life.
5. I have had a sense for some time now that our church needs to grow in our understanding of the heart of the gospel.
6. I want to open up a window for you into the multi-dimensional richness of the gospel.
7. I want our church to be always centered around Christ and the gospel.
8. I want your joy to be full as we fellowship together with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ (1 John 1:3).
9. I want to protect you from false teachers and false gospels which will bring shame on the name of our Savior and bring eternal destruction to your souls.
10. I want you to know God and hence to worship him.

The gospel is ultimately designed to reveal the glory of God in Christ and our good in him alone.

Songs
Praise Ye Jehovah (#4)
O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing (#69)
Hark! the Gospel News Is Sounding (#293)
Salvation! O My Soul Rejoice (#291)
For My Sake and the Gospel's, Go (#695)
Doxology

Scripture Reading
The Lord Reigns - Psalm 97

Sermon
To Him Be Glory Forever - Romans 11:33-36

No comments: