Saturday, May 08, 2010

Give Thanks for Mothers

Last night I read this poem to my children, and I thought it appropriate to post here in honor of faithful mothers who willingly give their lives for their families. The words here are different than other versions of this poem I have seen. I am reproducing them as found in A Child's Treasury of Poems, edited by Mark Daniel.

All Through the Night

Sleep, my babe, lie still and slumber,
All through the night;
Guardian angels God will lend thee,
All through the night;
Soft and drowsy hours are creeping,
Mother dear her watch is keeping,
All through the night.

God is here, thou'lt not be lonely,
All through the night;
'Tis not I who guards thee only,
All through the night.
Night's dark shades will soon be over,
Still my watchful care shall hover,
God with me His watch is keeping,
All through the night.


On the topic of motherhood, I appreciated the thoughts in this new poem for mother's day by Pastor David Doran. Please read it.

No comments: