Friday, February 25, 2011

Right in Front of Your Eyes

A couple days ago I attempted to mail a package overseas. Unfortunately, I did not see the customs declaration form which was with the package, so when I got to the post office I was not able to mail the package. My wife later informed me that the form was right in front of my eyes. I missed it. Somehow, our minds can filter what we see so that we don't even see what is truly there.

Spiritually, the same kind of thing can happen, except for a much deeper reason. Jesus performed many works which God the Father sent him to do, yet many people who saw those works were blind to their true significance. Join us this Lord's Day as we look to see the meaning of the works that Jesus did. It is right in front of your eyes.

Songs
Ye Servants of God (#44)
Doxology
What Think Ye of Christ (#363)
I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say
To God Be the Glory (#16)

Scripture Reading
Old Testament: Genesis 30; Psalm 125
New Testament: Matthew 19:16-30

Sermon
Right in Front of Your Eyes - John 10:22-42

No comments: