Nancy Leigh Demoss gives some good pointers on how to listen to preaching. She asks,
Do you ever find yourself . . .
• waking up on Sunday morning and wishing you didn’t have to go to church?
• having a hard time staying awake in church?
• daydreaming during the message, or making a mental “to-do” list while the pastor is preaching?
• picking apart the message or the preacher in your mind or not getting anything out of the sermon?
• wishing your pastor would be more _____?
• forgetting what the message was about before you get home from church?
How can you prepare your heart to get the most out of your pastor’s preaching?
You can read it all here.