Friday, October 28, 2011

God, Glory, and Giving

As a young man in my teen years, I was privileged to attend church with an elderly saint named Mr. Chodan. I admired his godly wisdom gained through many years of following Christ, and I never tired of listening to him pray. His prayers were never fiery or passionate. No, they were deeper than that. They were quiet, substantive communion with God. Mr. Chodan's example taught me much about knowing God.

But in John 17 we find a prayer that is infinitely deeper than Mr. Chodan's prayers could ever be. Here we listen to God communing with God, and by the Spirit we are drawn into the true knowledge of God which is eternal life. I hope you will join us to listen to this prayer this Lord's Day.

Songs
Give to Our God Immortal Praise (#53)
Doxology
Blessing and Honor (#10)
O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing (#69)
Psalm 118b

Scripture Reading
Old Testament: Exodus 14; Psalm 136
New Testament: Romans 9:1-18

Sermon
God Giving Glory - John 17:1-5

No comments: