Friday, April 27, 2012

Music for Children

Yesterday I linked to a recommendation for good books for children. Today I want to link to a very helpful recommendation for music for children.

Kevin Bauder writes, "A couple of events have coincided during the last day or so to bring a question to my attention. That question is essentially, What music should I provide for my small children to listen to? I would like to answer that question by providing general suggestions concerning music to Christian parents for their children."

He provides some guidelines to consider for choosing music, as well as specific pieces to incorporate into a listening repertoire, and concludes, "Parents are in a position to provide their children with richer listening more easily than at any time in history. As a father with two grown children who love music, I suggest that the investment is worthwhile."

Read it all here.

No comments: