Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fire and Worship

The news has been engulfed by one hot topic - fire. Not surprisingly, our family devotional time last night lit on the same topic. I asked my children and our friend Connor to think of all the times fire is mentioned in the Bible and what is associated with fire. In rapid-fire succession they came up with a huge list of instances. It's not difficult to come up with many instances of judgment, sacrifice, and purification. I think the greatest impact that watching this Waldo Canyon fire has made upon me is how awesome (in all the right senses of that word) God is.





As I looked, thrones were placed, and the Ancient of days took his seat; his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames; its wheels were burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came out from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened. (Dan 7:9-10)



I don't know how anyone can watch this fire without being driven to their knees in humble worship.


No comments: