Friday, March 07, 2014

The Difference Between Night and Day

Last week I drove up Coal Creek Canyon at night, and drove back down it during the day. The difference was phenomenal. It was, as we say, the difference between night and day. In the daylight, I could see where I was going and what was around me. 

Realizing that God is light has huge implications for our lives and relationship with God. If that is who he is, then our relationship with him must correspond to who he is. The Scripture unfolds some of those implications in our text for this Lord's Day. Join us to walk in the light.

Songs
Salvation! O My Soul Rejoice (291)
Psalm 51
Psalm 32b
Just As I Am (332)

Scripture Reading
Old Testament: Numbers 18:8-32; Psalm 65
New Testament: John 4:46-54

Sermon
Living in Sin-Confessing Light - 1 John 1:8-9

No comments: